Support for sugar sensitivity seems to come at times when we least expect it. I was surprised to learn that the new church we are involved with in Germany wanted to ask God to help heal and give me support. It was a very moving experience and it truly felt like the prayers were filling empty spaces in my body and then expanding to push out the negativity and heal my wounds.
This got me thinking about what the bible says about healing. I personally liked this passage: “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him” (
1 John 5:14-15).
This website
Biblical Aspects of Health mentions how we assume that we can eat what we want in this society of instant gratification without thinking of the consequences. Then, we suffer physical ailments and we expect God to fix them right away. The bottom line is that we are stewards over our bodies. God made our bodies and knows what foods and conditions make them run at their optimal levels.
Unfortunately because most of societies celebrations revolve around eating sugar and drinking alcohol, we can struggle against our physical bodies and the correct foods that make them run optimally. I don't pretend to know why there are many people with allergies, food sensitivity, alcoholics, and diabetics who have to closely monitor what foods they eat. But I do feel blessed to know that sugars and white flours cause me to not operate correctly. That gives me the knowledge so that I can eat properly. The Bible says that God's "people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." --- Hosea 4:6. We need to acquire enough knowledge about the foods we eat so we will be able to know what food is good for us. For me it is a daily (sometimes hourly) balancing act to maintain the correct sugar level in my body.
The one thing I do know about myself is that I am a finely tuned feeling machine. If I treat my body optimally and pay attention to what God is saying, I can usually sense the right and wrong paths in front of me (Finding your own North Star, by Martha Beck - Chapter 6).
I don't think I will be eating a piece of chocolate cake, but I believe the prayers can heal my wounds and help me .... not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of my mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:2
0 comments:
Post a Comment