This is one of my favorite dishes. I first ate this dish when I was traveling around England. I absolutely fell in love with this dish because of it's simplicity and variety of vegetables.
Sugar Information:This recipe is intended to be a side dish to compliment a meal with protein. A person with high sugar sensitivity should consider reducing the sweet potato/yam.
Ingredients:
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Squash
- 1 Sweet Potato or Yam (Include only the amount that you can handle based on your sugar / GI sensitivity - 37-44 GI for a whole sweet potato)
- 1 Package Feta Cheese (8 ounces) The more vegetables you use the more feta you want to add (I personally like lots of cheese)
- 1-2 Tables spoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Optional Ingredients to add to the above list:
- Garlic Cloves (chopped or whole)
- Mushrooms (chopped or whole)
- Eggplant
- Green Pepper
This recipe can be altered to fit your taste in vegetables or to expand your vegetable pallet.
Directions:
Chop all of the vegetables into bite size pieces and put into a metal roasting pan. Toss the mixture with 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (just until lightly coated - if you use too much it will get swamped in liquid). Add Salt and Pepper to taste (I tend to not use any salt and pepper - it tastes good just as it is). Put the vegetable filled dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the dish with the chopped up feta cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Ideas for further enjoyment of this dish:
- Add to scrambled eggs the next morning
- Topping on a tossed salad (warm or cold) - I really enjoy eating these leftovers cold (it just has a different / new taste), but it is up to you to try that out and see if you like it.
(image collage credits go to Judi Fox and stock.xchng)

1 comments:
I make a similar dish and agree that cold or hot is delicous. I have never tried with feta, sounds like a great change, I love cheese also.
Thanks for the idea.
Post a Comment